Athletic Biathlon and Cross-Country Skiing
The Martello Biathlon and Cross-Country Skiing Centre offers something for everyone, from beginners to experts.
12 km of perfectly groomed cross-country runs in fairy tale surroundings high up in the mountains.
The sport of cross-country skiing is a healthy way to get close to nature, and makes demands on almost all of the muscles groups in the body. If you have never been cross-country skiingbefore, why not try a taster lesson?
This ski center is a real "insider tip," and is located quite close to our hotel in the Martell Valley: Situated at altitude of 1,700 meters above sea-level, you have guaranteed snow. The mountains of the Stilfserjoch National Park are thus an El Dorado for cross-country skiing enthusiasts. All in all, the cross-country skiing center in the Vinschgau boasts 12 km of ski trails – all very well cared-for and suitable for classic cross-country skiing as well as skating. The trails feature different levels of difficulty and are suitable for both beginners and advanced skiers. There is a rental agency for ski equipment, as well as a cross-country skiing school offering individual and group instruction.
The cross-country skiing trails in the Martell Valley are also part of the "Nordic Terra Raetica" Interreg Project launched by the Vinschgau Tourism Federation and the Tyrolean Oberland / Kauner Valley Tourism Federation. "Nordic Terra Raetica" is the response to the rising demand for sustainable and natural tourism over technical lift operations. Cross-country skiing in the Vinschgau is an integral part of this offering.
The following courses and slopes are available for your winter holiday in the Martell Valley:
- The Martell Cross-Country and Biathlon Center: 1,500-1,760 meters above sea-level, 12 km long, 260 meters of altitude differential
- The Ortler Sulden Trail: 1,900 meters above sea-level, 7.5 km-long homologized cross-country skiing course, 150 meters of altitude differential
- The Prader Trail: 901 meters above sea-level, 2 km of artificial snow trails and 3 km of natural snow, 125 meters of altitude differential
- The Schlinig Nordic Ski Center: 1,726 meters above sea-level, 14 km long, 230 meters of altitude differential
- The St. Valentin, Graun, and Reschen Trails: 1,500 meters above sea-level, length: 13/7/5 km, 20 meters of altitude differential
- The Langtaufers High-Altitude Trail: 1,912 meters above sea-level, 20 km long, 50 meters of altitude differential
Are you unfamiliar with cross-country skiing, but would like to "try it on for size" during your vacation in Vinschgau? The beginners' courses available at the Martell Cross-Country and Biathlon Center are exactly the thing for you! Cross-country skiing is not difficult, but very good for your health. When you enroll in an introductory class, you'll be taught the basics – and are sure to develop a real taste for the unique winter landscape of the Martell Valley!